White Sauce Spaghetti is the second most loved spaghetti recipe after the Red sauce (do we need research to back this up?). We at Grubvine love Spaghetti and the white sauce is our favorite on our cheat days. We coupled it with Mushrooms to bring out the best of the dish – the vegetarian way. Dairy products like Parmesan Cheese, Fresh cream and Milk helps make the sauce appreciate this Italian dish. Please find our written recipe below and the video recipe here.
Table of Contents
Want to share this?
White Sauce Spaghetti Pasta | #spaghettirecipes
- 225 gram Spaghetti
- 200 gram Mushrooms
- 1 White Onion
- 5 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (80g)
- 25 gram Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt – as per taste
- Slice the Mushrooms, finely chop Garlic cloves, grate about ¼ cup Parmesan cheese & chop the White Onion
- Place wok (kadai) & turn on the gas. Add Butter and let it melt
- Add 1 tablespoon Olive oil and then put the finely chopped white Onion and sauté a little
- Now, add the finely chopped Garlic and & sauté a little. Then add the sliced Mushrooms
- Mix well. Add salt as per taste and ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Then add ¼ teaspoon Basil leaves. Mix it well and let it cook for another 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, add 1 cup Milk, sauté a little and then cover it with a lid for sometime
- Meanwhile, on a separate burner/stove, place a saucepan & turn on the gas. Add about 4 cups of water and ½ teaspoon Salt
- Once water starts boiling add the Spaghetti. Gently slide the Spaghettis as then soften by length and then cover the saucepan with a lid and let it cook for sometime
- Now, on the wok (kadai), bring the milk to a boil, and then add 1/3 cup of Cream and ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Blend gently
- Check the Spaghetti, if they appear cooked, transfer it to the white sauce (minus the water it was boiled in)
- Coat the Spaghettis with evenly with the sauce. Sprinkle a little Oregano. Can be garnished with a grated Parmesan
- White Sauce Spaghetti pasta should now be ready to serve
Want to share this?
Checkout Our Other Recipes
Matar Paneer is an Indian Cheese and Pea gravy dish from the northern part of the Indian subcontinent. Usually served with Flatbread (Roti or Naan), it is a popular food item at home and at restaurants as well.
Palak Paneer is a vegetarian dish originating from the Indian sub-continent (primarily North India), consisting of Paneer (Indian Non melting cheese) in a thick paste made from puréed spinach and seasoned with various spices.