Egg Malai Masala is an extremely creamy & yummy recipe for Egg in gravy. All the ingredients are very common and very similar to a normal egg curry with the exception of Milk & Cream. Although it is a spicy gravy, it doesn’t include Indian spices like Red Chili powder or Turmeric, leaving an off-white creamy texture on the gravy. In addition to the written recipe below, you can check out the video recipe here.
Table of Contents
Want to share this?
Egg Malai Masala Recipe | #eggrecipe
- 4 Eggs (Ande)
- 2 large Onions (Pyaz)
- ½ inch Ginger (Adrak)
- 7 cloves Garlic (Lehsun)
- 2 Green Chilies (Hari Mirch)
- 1 handful Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder (Kali Mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala powder (Mixed Indian curry spices)
- 250 ml Milk (Doodh)
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream (Malai)
- 4 cups Water (Paani)
- 4 tablespoon Butter (Makkhan)
- Salt – as per taste (Namak)
- Place a saucepan on the stove, add 4 cups of water, put 4 Eggs in the water and ½ teaspoon Salt
- Cover it with a lid and let it boil for about 10 minutes. Cut the Eggs vertically and keep them aside
- Roughly chop 2 large Onions and 2 Green Chilies. Add both of them to a grinder jar & grind them to a paste.
- Chop about ½ inch Ginger and put it in a separate grinder jar along with 7 Cloves of Garlic, grind down to a paste.
- Place a kadai (wok) & turn on the gas. Add 4 tablespoons of Butter. Once the Butter melts add Onion Chili paste to it.
- Mix well. Let it cook for about 10 minutes or until raw smell goes away.
- After 10 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of Ginger Garlic paste. Cook for another 10 minutes. Once it’s cooked properly add about 250 ml of Milk and mix it.
- Once it starts Boiling add 1 teaspoon Cumin powder, ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder, 1 teaspoon Garam Masala powder.
- Mix all of them together and then add salt as per taste and mix again.
- Add ¼ Cup Fresh Cream. Blend it in the paste and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled eggs & then gently coat the eggs with the paste.
- Cover it with the lid and let it cook for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes add a handful of Coriander Leaves & mix well.
- Egg Malai Masala should now be ready.
Want to share this?
Checkout Our Other Recipes
Our Egg curry is a dish from the subcontinent. The details vary from region to region and somehow the authenticity is also limited to a family nucleus. Mostly cooked with Chicken Eggs, however this can also be cooked using Duck Eggs.
Chicken Do pyaza is a simple Chicken & Onion (2 separate cuts) recipe from South Asia. It primarily popular in the Indian sub-continent. The gravy in the preparation is usually scanty & the larger cuts of Onion are visible outright on presentation. Chicken
Kadai chicken is a very popular Non-veg recipe from India known for its spicy taste. It derives its name from the utensil it is cooked in – The Kadai