Egg Malai Masala is an extremely creamy & yummy recipe of Egg in gravy. All the ingredients are very common and very similar to a normal egg curry with the exception of Milk & Cream. Although it is a spicy gravy, it doesn’t include Indian spices like Red Chili powder or Turmeric, leaving an off-white creamy texture on the gravy. In addition to the written recipe below, you can check out the video recipe here.
Egg Malai Masala Recipe
Egg Malai Masala recipe
- 4 Eggs (Ande)
- 2 large Onions (Pyaz)
- ½ inch Ginger (Adrak)
- 7 cloves Garlic (Lehsun)
- 2 Green Chilies (Hari Mirch)
- 1 handful Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder (Kali Mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala powder (Mixed Indian curry spices)
- 250 ml Milk (Doodh)
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream (Malai)
- 4 cups Water (Paani)
- 4 tablespoon Butter (Makkhan)
- Salt – as per taste (Namak)
- Place a saucepan on the stove, add 4 cups of water, put 4 Eggs in the water and ½ teaspoon Salt
- Cover it with a lid and let it boil for about 10 minutes. Cut the Eggs vertically and keep them aside
- Roughly chop 2 large Onions and 2 Green Chilies. Add both of them to a grinder jar & grind them to a paste.
- Chop about ½ inch Ginger and put it in a separate grinder jar along with 7 Cloves of Garlic, grind down to a paste.
- Place a kadai (wok) & turn on the gas. Add 4 tablespoons of Butter. Once the Butter melts add Onion Chili paste to it.
- Mix well. Let it cook for about 10 minutes or until raw smell goes away.
- After 10 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of Ginger Garlic paste. Cook for another 10 minutes. Once it’s cooked properly add about 250 ml of Milk and mix it.
- Once it starts Boiling add 1 teaspoon Cumin powder, ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder, 1 teaspoon Garam Masala powder.
- Mix all of them together and then add salt as per taste and mix again.
- Add ¼ Cup Fresh Cream. Blend it in the paste and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled eggs & then gently coat the eggs with the paste.
- Cover it with the lid and let it cook for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes add a handful of Coriander Leaves & mix well.
- Egg Malai Masala should now be ready.